Monday 18 March 2013

Evaluation Question 1 Part 1



















Double Page Spread

I chose this font because it is easy to read, my target audience is of an older generation and therefore it is important that I chose a font that is easy for them to read. The quotes that I have used have a fancy script font. This is so it stands out amongst the writing and it is words my chosen feature artist has actually said and it what my audience is interested in. I have made the stand first in bold just so it briefs my audience and it is like a small blurb to the upcoming story.

Contents Page

 I have used several different types of image editing to give it the classical / old feel towards the magazine. I have used the same colours to stick with the main conventions. After getting feedback off of my peers I had to change my multi coloured contents page to the same colours on my front page. I used a QR code to further follow conventions of magazines. I have put my double page spread early in the contents as it is the main featured artist and it is the main reason people would be buying my magazine.

Front cover

On the classical music magazine the title was on the front cover placed in the middle so to continue that convention I decided to do the same. I have kept the house colours of purple/pink, black and blue. I chose these colours because of their connotations, purple – luxury been the main one hence it been the main colour. The font has been carried on from the beginning to the end. This had to be done to keep with the conventions of the classical magazine genre and the magazine conventions in general. This was easier than expected and it looks more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment